Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Unwelcome Guests



We had a visitor on our patio last night, a moth so large it could have been a bat. After some web checking, we think it was a Polyphemus.

Our Polyphemus didn't stay long, but we are nevertheless reminded that the insect population is wonderfully varied. Personally, I enjoy these creatures as long as they remain outdoors.

My daughter joins me in believing strongly that large moths, bats and all types of lizards should live outside the house. Inside, cats and humans are acceptable. Dogs would be too if we had the room. I have even stretched to hampsters, fish, and snails. But there I draw the line.

Ok, a hermit crab or two. But that's all. I MEAN IT!

Rats will never become pets in my house.

Never.

1 comment:

Joe Texas said...

Cassie would agree with Annie on the moths. One found its way into Cassie's room last night until I had to catch and release it. However, our cat, Kote, likes geckos in the house. It gives her something to play with, catch, and eat!